Treatise on Cosmic Fire Revisited

May 15, 1996 05:37 AM
by Sy Ginsburg

One of the more interesting substantive things to come out of my recent foray
into Theosophical politics was contact with the Danish group, "The Theosophical
Union in Denmark" (formerly The Theosophical Society in Denmark until expelled
by Adyar for being too much into Alice Bailey).

T.U. Denmark is indeed heavily into Alice Bailey, although allowing full freedom
of inquiry by members into anything else.  I was told they have developed a
program of study integrating Vols I and II of the Secret Doctrine with "A
Treatise on Cosmic Fire" which many of them believe to be the third volume of
the S.D. that HPB predicted would be given out.  In the Introduction, (p. viii)
Foster Bailey makes the claim that "In A Treatise on Cosmic Fire the Tibetan has
given us what H.P. Blavatsky prophesied he would give, namely, the psychological
key to the Cosmic Creation."

Would any of you on the list care to comment on this?  I confess only to being
superficially familiar with the book, and not to really understanding most of
it. The Miami Lodge has a Study Group which studies the Bailey teachings among
others.

What do you make of the additional Stanzas of Dzyan given in T.C.F.?
see Stanzas I to XIII (pp. 11-33) and 7 Esoteric Stanzas in Appendix C?

Is there available a decent abridgement of A Treatise on Cosmic Fire?

Sy