Re: False beliefs

May 13, 1996 04:47 AM
by Michelle Donald

> >Second is false, but sincerely-held beliefs, beliefs that
> >are wrong regardless of how flexibly they are held. Both
> >are cause for our concern, in both ourselves and others
> >that we deal with.
>
> Eldon,
>
> I was reading along this post & didn't even know it was yours.
> I have the same objections as usual. Who is going to judge what beliefs are
> wrong, & on what grounds? If you're talking about your own judgement, I
> wonder how you can be so sure that what you judge to be wrong is really all
> wrong. You're not God.

It is so much a matter of perspective isnt it - whether to
participate in the duality of right and wrong or to see everything
as part of the whole, perfect at any moment a mixture of both apsects
of duality. I dont think that any ones beliefs are wrong from that
persons point of view, at the time they hold them. They may in
retropect change and see the earlier way as no longer appropriate.

So sorry Eldon - I dont agree with you, while a belief might not be
in agreement with another's (either alive or dead) views that doesnt
make it wrong.I dont think any of us can claim to be the holders of
the Truth for everyone, rather only for ourselves at that time.
BFN
OOROO
Michelle

michelle@zip.com.au
Get On-Line Internet Training and Database Services
http://www.arch.unsw.edu.au/netcourse/