Re: Adyar leadership

May 13, 1996 04:47 AM
by Michelle Donald

Hi Alexis

> I should be extremely interested to find out exactly what "rules" the
> Russians refused to comply with. I understand it was some of these Adyar
> Instituted "Rules" that caused the Canadian Section to be bounced. I have

I understand that they didnt comply with the requirements of a
section.

> always been under the impression that the only qualification required for
> membership in The Theosophical society was that one "supported or agreed
> with, the Three Objects".

This is the rules for an individual member to join. There are a set
of rules both Internationally and Nationally that set out the
requirements that allow any group or body to call itself the TS.

> Russians, if they support the three objects, and we all know that they do,

I wonder how we all know this - I know none of these folk myself and
cant say that I know what they as individuals think on any matter let
alone the three objects. The problem as I understand it isnt with the
individuals and their individual commitment but rather with the
groups rules and regulations.

> and have at great risk for a long time, and if they consider themselves
> theosophists, and they do, well then, they are theosophists and nothing
> Radha Burnier or Joy Mills or anyone else can do can change that even one iota.

I agree, being a Theosophist is a state of being, and does not
necessarily have anything to do with whether one is a member or not
of the Theosophical Society (which ever branch).

BFN
OOROO
Michelle

michelle@zip.com.au
Get On-Line Internet Training and Database Services
http://www.arch.unsw.edu.au/netcourse/