Re: You Warned Me

May 10, 1996 00:10 AM
by Richtay

JRC responds to Eldon through Richard Ihle,

>  The curious thing is that he responded
> according to the pattern I described ... "Look daddy - look how
> mean they're being to poor virtuous me, when I did nothing but
> try to start a learned examination of these issues!">     And look carefully at Eldon's projection here ...
> (he certainly likes to categorize people)>      Look at the attempt to become the poor minority voice
> holding up the single light in the wilderness. > And again that cheap political trick > Look at marvelous attitude here!
Oh boy.

I want to chime in with something Dan Caldwell and Kim and Doss and others
have been saying for weeks now -- haven't we all been treated to enough
personal attacks now? (That goes for BOTH sides of this repetitive debate.)

Why is it so hard to stick to the SUBJECT and leave off discussing PEOPLE and
their RHETORICAL TACTICS?

I deleted EVERY post on psychism this round, only to fall into it once again
with the new heading "You Warned Me."  Actually, that heading DIDN'T warn me
that it was beginning another tiresome round of ad hominem comments.

Frankly I am tired of deleting fully one half to two thirds of the posts at
Theos-L on sight after paying for downloading them.

Alexis and I finally called it quits.  Thank God.  How about the rest?