Re: Mahatma Letters: Questions to Alexis

May 10, 1996 00:24 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 02:26 PM 5/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alexis, you write:
>
>>But the Mahatma Letters themselves are terribly mutually contradictory. I
>>think the "Mahatmas" wrote some few of them and only the Gods know who wrote
>>the rest.

Well, for instance, there's the letter you posted on the list regarding
religion (letter 10, first three editions) That I think was written by an
adept because it contains what conforms to what I think of as an adeptic
point-of-view, and yet there have been other recent quotations wherein the
"Masters" would appear to approve of religion and seem to desire the T.S. to
become a religion (no I can't remember the citations) but they were posted
by several people. These then are clearly contradictions. In the past week
or two I have read, on this list, a large number of citations and quotations
from the "Masters" which directly contradict one another, and some which, it
seems to me, contradict both common sense and common decency. I have
complete editions of everything the "Masters" are supposed to have written
but I will NOT "look them up" for you because the preceding paragraph gives
my developed opinion based on complete reading of the documents and
continuous reading on this list. It is my developed opinion that most of the
"Mahatma" Letters are more likely to be fraudulent than not, and that to
anyone with any discrimination at all the few which are genuine (i.e. HPB
written) stand out like a sore thumb. That's my opinion, that's what's
important to me, that's what I'm sharing on this board, and that's all
you're going to get. It's not a doctoral dissertation you know but a place
to share opinions.

>Here I go again with my questions!  : )

Daniel:

The thing that bothers me about your "questions" is that I really  wish I
could ascertain the motivation behind them. You plague me, and many other
people, (Kim, J.H-E, Jrc etc.) with them, as far as I can see, they are
useless, and, as I see it of import to no one but yourself. Almost everyone
on this board is an "old timer" and they all know what they all mean, you
may call yourself THE BLAVATSKY FOUNDATION but that does not mean you're the
"monitor" for this list. You're just Daniel Caldwell; and I, for one, see
absolutely no reason at all to waste time and energy pouring over my books
to garner "chapter and verse" for you to no profit to me. I have to say I
also am just now really beginning to question the motivation behind your
little inquisitions. Do you try to make others look foolish, or ignorant, or
malicious? I really hope you don't mean to do this but you do. AS I told you
in a private posting which you didn't see fit to answer, I think styling
yourself as THE BLAVATSKY FOUNDATION is pretentious, and I have to say your
badgering of others on this board is too. As I said much earlier on, people
who cannot state their own views without backing them with authority
(citations), to me seem to be those who do not feel secure in their own
ideas, opinions, and understanding.

>Could you please tell us which "few" Mahatma Letters the "Mahatmas" wrote?

To be truthful Daniel, I would probably come closest to the mark if I said
none of them.

>Also what are some examples of the "tertibly mutally contradictory" Mahatma
>Letters?

Considering my opinion, expressed above, to answer this would be redundant.

>Please share with the group.

I just did.

>Thanking you in advance,
>
>Daniel