Comparing Auras

May 09, 1996 11:27 PM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Jerry S:

[writing to Alexis]

>> I'd have loved to compare Blavatsky's, Olcott's or
>> Judge's Auras with those of the "second generation
>> leadership.

> Me too. But from their writings, I already suspect
> what we would find.

It's not really possible. Perhaps when the leadership
is still alive, someone could take handwriting samples
(for graphology), get an ink print of their palms
(for palmistry), their birthdata (for astrological
charts), some fingernail clippings (for psychometry),
etc. There are a lot of secondary sources for information
about people. The colors in their auras is only one
such source. They are like watching someone's gestures
or body language, *but not like* seeing into their minds
and hearts, like with true empathy.

I'd take exception to the idea that only Blavatsky was
connected to the Masters and their work, and later
leaders in the theosophical movement were not. This
trivializes the work, making it like the Christian
idea that miracles happened in the time of Jesus, but
cannot happen today. There was no "special time" when
the work is carried on, in Blavatsky's era. Even in her
time, we can read in "The Mahatma Letters" of other work
going on in the world, unconnected with HPB and the T.S.

While I fully recognize the wide diversity of views
on theos-l, and have even seen at times a complete
dismissal of the theosophical doctrines, I'll have
to respond that from my standpoint, de Purucker is
a bona fide Teacher in the same regard as Blavatsky
was. I consider this the truth, and feel that I must
come to his defense, at times, when everyone that
followed HPB is casually dismissed, painted with the
same brush as secondary and insignificant.

In the above exchange, the humor is apparent, but
there can be more than one level of meaning to a
message, and in this case there appears to be some
element of mocking and belittling many significant
contributors to Theosophy.

-- Eldon