Re: TI membership list

Apr 08, 1996 08:35 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

I just thought of a very important meaning of freedom, at least to me it is.
It's the freedom I have of being able to live in the US, where I can pretty
well say & do as I please, rather than being forced to live under an
oppressive ditatorship. Since I have this background, I'm very sensitive to
any abrogation of any freedoms, & I usually notice their slight abrogation
the minute it comes up, & I usually protest them.
I also just remembered a real good expression of freedom. It's the very
touching chorus the prisoners sing in "Fidelio" when they are allowed to
come up out of their dank dungeons, and be in the courtyard in the sun for a
few minutes.
Liesel
Member TI, TSA, TS in Canada, HR