Re: theos-l digest: December 01, 1999

Dec 01, 1999 09:51 PM
by kymsmith

Grigor wrote:

>But I sense this is degenerating into a mean-spirited
>mess contrary to the values of Theosophy by any stripe, flavour, or color.

Sometimes, the greatest learning experiences comes from such things as a
"mean-spirited mess."  We may think we are kind, compassionate, forgiving,
objective, clear-thinking, logical, etc. . .until someone makes us angry.
Then, we often see what lay beneath our own surface - we have a mirror held
up to our faces.  Many times we are shocked at ourselves; shocked at what
we see or say to others.  And, sometimes, we marvel at our own patience and
understanding.

Anger may be a negative emotion, but it is a great teacher if it is allowed
to be so.  And such a thing is always theosophical.

Kym