culture...

Oct 04, 1999 05:27 AM
by hesse600

Alan wrote:
> > or when Mohammed declares that women are merely "vessels" for
> > childbearing and little more.

> 	Islam is not mainstream Western culture, nor a source of it.
Is this supposed to be a mainstream western-list?
Anyhow, in Holland, as everywhere in Europe, Islam is
fastly becoming a major cultural influance, and already is
far stronger than theosophy in the sense of the word where
specifically Blavatskyan idea's and ideals are concerned.
New Age is a cultural movement of comparable size as Islam,
in Holland, I would guess. (Not a statistically based
statement :-) )

Katinka
NHL Leeuwarden
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl