Re: ULT

Nov 13, 1997 03:21 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

K. Paul Johnson wrote:
> I have to say I've been to couple of NYC ULT programs and while
> they did have a "canned" feeling indeed, the questions
> certainly didn't seem to be rehearsed.  There were clearly some
> new people there who asked unexpected questions, and no one got
> thrown out.

	Many people who have been thrown out end up at the NYTS. I defend the
ULT by stating that they are there for presentation, not discussion, and
that I consider the groups to be complementary rather than in
opposition. Unfortunately, those who answer the phones for the ULT do
not feel the same; if someone accidentally contacts the ULT for a
program at the NYTS, the ULT will not refer them to us, while we have a
policy of always referring people to the ULT if the case is reversed.

	Bart Lidofsky