Re: about what Doss posted

Jun 06, 1997 05:00 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 09:14 PM 6/5/97 -0400, liesel f. deutsch wrote:
>Dear Estrella,
>
>I agree with you about Besant and Leadbeater. There are some on this list
>who inist on knocking these 2, and without letup. I've had long debates
>about this in the past, and I'm very tired of seeing destructive garbage on
>a Theosophical mailing list. All I want to say now is that if they were so
>terrible, then how come somebody wrote a few days ago that the TS had the
>largest membership ever while Besant was President. Also why is it that
>Adyar, which is the branch which studies Besant and Leadbeater, among
>others, is the one with the largest membership now? Must have done something
>right?
>Calling Alice Bailey a fraud is just as mean. There a people who find their
>spiritual nourishment in her writings. Then why knock her?
>I want to say once more that to my way of thinking there are so few
>Theosophists, that we would do much better to find the similarities all our
>sections can agree on, and dwell on those, rather than keep on harping on
>our destructive differences. If we're going to form a nucleus of humanity,
>let's put a little tolerance into the pie, and show some respect for each
>other's beliefs. Wouldn't that be nice!
>
>Liesel

Liesel:

I completely agree with Liesel.

Everyone, Besant, Leadbeater, Bailey etc.. (including you, me and everyone
associated with theosophy) has contributed. Some more and some less.
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. We all may not agree on so many
things. If X's speeches or writings have helped some, then so be it. If some
do not like or agree with X's speeches or writings so be it. We cannot get
unanimity on anything. If any one has sacrificed anything to help fellow
beings, however small or great, that is of utmost importance to me. I
thought I should share my fundamental approach, even though at times I may
seem to be critical.