Re: How? versus Why?

May 10, 1997 04:47 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <01BC5D57.8B73EEE0@ost206.capecod.net>, joyce bays
<jbays@capecod.net> writes
>Although I am New to Theosophy (not the concept) If I interpret it
>correctly it is meant to guide us to the knowledge not give it to us. To
>aim us in the direction where we will find it. It tells us look here, look
>there, and eventually we find that precious pearl. The one we value the
>most because we found it and worked to obtain it, it wasn't given to us.

I often think that the term itself (Theosophy) has become too narrow,
and is associated with a specifically doctrinal position.  What is
sometimes called 'small t' theosophy properly includes all disciplines
which may generally be thought of as "god-wisdom" - and one who is
*wise* practices wisdom.  In fact, what else can be done with wisdom?

Wisdom is surely not a cerebral activity, but a living, doing thing, a
way of living.

In other words, I agree with you!  However, maybe we need a wider
concept/word/term than "Theosophy" to describe what needs to be done.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk