Re: To Maurice regarding "Sexism"

Oct 10, 1996 03:05 PM
by Maurice de Montaine

On 10 Oct 96 at 15:45, kymsmith@micron.net <theos-l@vnet.net>  wrote:

> Maurice,
>
> Firstly, let me thank you for your response to my posting named
> "Sexism."  I gave a copy of it to members of a coven I used to
> attend, and it felt good for us too serious, faddish women to have a
> boisterous belly laugh.
>
> Although you claim to have a PhD in philosophy, it is suspect since
> you seem to address and speak in the most sophomoric of terms and
> ideas.  May I suggest you look more deeply into Islamic
> fundamentalism; I think you would be snug as a bug in a rug in that
> philosophy.  Hark! did I not hear Rafsanjani use the term "methinks"
> in one of his diatribes addressing the evils of change, and the
> satanically influenced upstarts of women?
>
> Also, it behooves no man to piss off a woman.  Sister Carrie (coven
> member) wanted me to tell you that your new itchy red rash will
> disappear in time and that you will begin to notice a slightly
> higher pitch in your voice. That too will pass when she removes her
> spiked high heel off the effigy of your tiny testicle.
>
> Ah, Maurice, all things change given enough time.  Don't you worry
> now, we'll wait.

My dear sister,

     Is this where Theosophy has ended up? Is this the sublimity of
the Divine Wisdom?  Were I confronted by such as someone new turning
up to a lodge of the Theosophical Society or to a mailing list
thereto, I would truly turn the other way and depart.

     By the way, I'm not into black magic. Remind your coven sister
that such things have a tendency to boomerang to the sender.

Fraternally

Maurice
* Maurice de Montaine                                                     *
* E-mail: mauriced@hba.trumpet.com.au    Postal Address:   PO Box 205     *
* Ph/Fax: Nat. (03) 6224 8105                              South Hobart   *
* Internat. +61 3 6224 8105                                Tasmania       *
*                         SALUTEM PUNCTIS TRIANGULI!       Australia 7004 *
*                       MAGNA EST VERITAS ET PREVALEBIT                   *