GWB

Oct 10, 1996 01:54 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

I would like to see some evidence about the history of the use
of the term Great White Brotherhood.  Although it may occur
occasionally in the Founders' writings, (I know Olcott uses it
in ODL but can't recall HPB doing so) it became popular mainly in the
twentieth century.  HPB certainly used many other terms far
more often, from "the Brothers" to the "adepts" to the
"Masters" to the "Mahatmas"-- none of which she originated.  So
I'd be surprised if it were proven that "Great White
Brotherhood" originated with her or the MLs.