Re: Ruminations

May 31, 1996 05:22 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.32.19960531074803.006a9ce8@mail.slip.net>, alexis
dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes

>I don't think you want me to actually demonstrate it, but I discuss it
>rather fully in the book of which you have an un proofed and entirely
>preliminary copy. It's in the section on Xtianity and can be found in the
>table of contents. Read it and if you have any further questions I'll be
>happy to oblige within the limits of the possibility of so doing. I'd
>suggest this though: Look at the Theraputae (and the Krotona sodality has to
>be included in their number) and compare them to the Essenes. The Theraputae
>came first and the Essenes followed after but except for the "Jewishness" of
>the Essenes, the basics are almost identical, are they not?
>

>alexis

Mea culpa - I have not paid yur opus the attention it deserves.  I will
go to the section you metion and read up your comments.  Before so
doing, I would mention en passant that my own opinion (to date) is that
there never was a "sect" of Essenes per se in the sense that the
Therpeutae seem to have been ... but I anticipate.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
Ancient Wisdom for a New Age