Re: Ruminations

May 31, 1996 00:53 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:56 PM 5/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960530182716.006b2718@mail.slip.net>, alexis
>dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>>>>
>>>There is a lot to be discovered in Christianity, that I know from having
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>discovered some!
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>Your response to my post seems to have ignored this comment.  Why?
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www,garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>Well, becuase it is something I thought we'd already discussed, that's why.
You know full well that I have far less complaint with pre-Nicean
Christianity even though i basically think it could be far better. The
primary problem I have with Post-Nicean Christianity (other than my usual
problems with oppression and repression, power, control, and profit) is it's
absolute obsession with sin and evil. That, I believe, has done so much harm
that nothing at all can compensate for it. Christianity Alan, has just done
too much harm for me to either condone it or forgive it.

alexis