Re: JRC's comments are very relevant indeed!

Apr 29, 1996 00:58 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:24 PM 4/28/96 -0400, you wrote:

Let's just see. since coming onto this list, I have been accused of
"heresy". "Blasphemy" and being a "anarchist", and when I finally am driven
to respond to the people I believe are responsible, by saying that suhc
accusations result from "mindless pahraseeism" I am suddenly accused of
"calling people nmes gratuitously"? Give me a break! We were Chrsitened "The
Gang of four", which is certainly not a compliment, by one of the group to
which I referred. That we have chosen to flaunt the insult, I do not feel to
be a bad thing. It's like Gay people calling themselves Queers.

Daniel, I submit you cannot have it both ways, you cannot bully someone and
then complain when they fight back. And I am not just talking about your
continual sniping at me since I first subscribed to this list. You do this
to everyone. You're constantly demanding "references and citations" in
support of statements that may be opinion or may be the result of long
study. I cannot believe you are so naif as not to realize tht what you're
doing is very subtly implying that other people have neither valid knowledge
or valid opinions. I'm not the only person miffed with you and you know it
very well. You are a very coercive person, and as far as I can ascertain,
you have never made even the slightest attempt to grant plausability to the
opinions of others. I have literally "stood on my head" to achieve some kind
of modus vivendi with you and you will not let me. I have cooperated with
you in the matter of my genealogy to the extent that it is your business,
and yet you accuse me of being uncooperative. I have atempted to explain my
point of view to you repeatedly and am continually acused of "not being
responsive". In the last few days I have written responses to you any number
of times in which I have attempted to answer every question you ask. The
result? As far as I can see it, you ignore everything I do or say and
continue with the same old accusations. The people on this list are
obviously following these "strings" of ours and how long do you think you
can keep it up. Except for Bee Brown to whom I can obviously do no right and
who I guess thinks I'm a really "bad" person, most of the people on this
list don't think so, even some with whom I regularly disagree. I have to ask
you this. Why is it that I can have reasonable and polite discussions with
Eldon Tucker when he and I disagree on almost everything? Why is it that he
and I can strongly disagree and remain on a cordial basis? Why don't I
irritate him the way I obviously do irritate you? We all started off on the
same basis. If I can have good discussions with eldon and with Jerry schuler
with whom I also don';t always agree, why is it that I'm so awful where
you're concerned?
Thoughts to ponder.

alexis