Re:Up-tight is the word!

Apr 11, 1996 10:39 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 04:47 PM 4/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>> Sexuality and diet have absolutely nothing to do with being
>>a good person.
>
>Would the writer of this sentence be so kind as to explain what this means?
>Absolutely nothing??
>
>Daniel
>
>Oh happily!

Who one goes to bed with (i.e one's affectional choices) as long as they're
adults capable of consensual relationship, and what you eat, have absolutely
nothing to do with what kind of person you are. One doesn't have to be a
vegtarian to be a "good person" after all Hitler was a perfectly
heterosexual (almost asexual) man and a Vegetarian, did it make him a good
person? No. As the mythical Jesus is made to say by the gospeler: "It is not
that which goeth into a man which defileth him, but that which cometh out!"
It seems to me that the kind of person who condemns others as less than good
people, on the basis of the affectional preferrence or diet, doesn't have
the vaguest idea what a "good person" is.

alexis dolgorukii, MTI, FTSA