Re: Hypnotism

Dec 31, 1996 03:21 AM
by MK Ramadoss

>>>On 29 199512 Bee Brown wrote:
>>>As for meditation some the things Krishnamurti had said are very
>>>interesting. Have you seen any of his books?
>>>
>>>..doss
>>>
>>I have only had a glance at some of his writings but they are on the list to
>>be read but that list is fairly long still so one day??????????
>>I would be interested in what he recommends because I suspect that as I sit
>>in our new lodge like a spider waiting for the unsuspecting would-be
>>theosophist that would be one of the FAQ I will come up against. It would
>>be nice to point them in the correct direction.>
>>>
>>Bee Brown
>>Member Theosophy International
>>
>> Much of the material by Krishnaji is scattered in a number of
>publications. Let me try to identify a couple of them and post the
>references in a few days. In each it may be a couple of pages. He is not
>for a formal system.
>
>..doss

Bee

As a starter I think you will find it interesting to read Krishnamurti's
biography books 02 by Mary Lutyens - 01 The Years of Awakening and 02 The
Years of Fulfillment which are available in paperback and they have been
around for several years and you may find them in your local library. This
may give you some background information. There are also some video tapes of
his and some of them are very good and more communicative than the book IMHO.

In 1929 he made a speech where he stated that Truth is a pathless land etc.
This speech set the direction of his work rest of his life till he died in
1986. It is a speech with great significance and meaning and you will like
it. It is found in Lutyens' books.

Couple of other references specific to Meditations are:

1. Krishnamurti - The Open Door - Mary Lutyens. Published by Farrar Straus
Giroux. ISBN 0-374-18225-6. See Chapter 06: The Art of Meditation.

2. Meeting Life - J Krishnamurti. Pub: Harper. ISBN 0-06-250526-2.
pp. 31 - Meditation and Love
pp. 32 - Meditation and Experience
pp. 51 - Meditation and The Timeless Moment
pp. 163- On Meditation

3. The Flight of Eagle - J Krishnamurti. Pub: Harper & Row.
Chapter 03 - Meditation.

If you are unable to locate the above please post me a msg and I will try
to get to you some of the short pieces from the above. Do not spend too much
money to buy all the books unless you are very wealthy!!! as you should be
able to borrow them from a library.

Sorry for the long reply.

Wish you a Happy New Year and an enjoyable Centenary Celebrations.

..doss