Re: Cryptocracy

Dec 18, 1996 05:12 AM
by Coherence

In a message dated 95-12-16 030905 EST you write:

> Anyway let me be clear-- ULT is *governed* by a cryptocracy the
>board of the Theosophy Company in many important respects
>even if the ULT itself is free of officers or by-laws. Better?

Well no it's still not correct. The Theosophy Co. the publishing arm for
the United Lodge of Theosophists and title holder to certain but not all
ULT assets has a board yes. Those board members are the older students of
the Los Angeles Lodge of ULT and probably do greatly influence the Los
Angeles Lodge by virtue of the dual roles these people play. But they have
no control whatsoever over any other Lodge. All ULT lodges and study groups
are autonomous and independent each being run locally by the students with
no accountability to The Theosophy Co.