Re: Neo-theosophy

Dec 14, 1996 11:18 AM
by bbrown

>To all member of Theos-l:
>
>Today I visited the web site of The White Mountain Education Association whose
>address was posted by someone on our mailing list. It was referred to as
>Neo-theosophy.
>
>An amalgation of HPB Bailey Sarayadarian and Roerich it seemed to lean more
>towards Bailey. I will leave each of you to review the page for yourself
>http://www.primenet.com/~wtmtn/index.html but I will say this. While I was
>scrolling through the material I got a clear view of it. It was "I've seen
>this all before." It was like knowledge was being repackaged and being
>distributed through another yet another organization. Good or bad idea?
>
>-Ann E. Bermingham

I have been there too and feel a bit the same. In fact over all now that
the novelty has worn off there is a lot of no-thing on the www. Perhaps my
expectations were too high but I have been into the www.spirit and occult
sites and have picked out what little interests me and bookmarked them to
keep an eye on any changes. I really hope the Theo.org make more articles
available. I have some sites booked that are fairly heavy going so they
await the right mood to look at them but the sort of middle range serious
theosophy type stuff is lacking or else I haven't found it. My daughter is
coming for Xmas so she will teach me how to ftp articles too so that may
change my opinions. I believe it is possible to get articles from the Theo
library but again I haven't discovered how to do that either yet. I wish I
got into computers 20 years ago then I would be a real wizz and not feel so
inadequate when I can't get it together. Never mind by the time I get to 80
I should have it under control.>

Bee Brown
Member Theosophy International