Re: re re beginner's list

Dec 12, 1996 02:07 AM
by Ruben Cabigting

Alan

Come to think of it that was also the book that brought me to
Theosophy. It was on Nov in 1951 when I just received my commission as
Ensign in the Navy and I was visiting a friend in his office and saw the
book on his table. My friend said that there is this Navy Captain who
is lending TS books to Navy personnel. I borrowed the book and my
photographic mind then enabled me to finish reading the book that night.
The next day I saw the Captain and we immediately became good friends he
gave me an application form and I paid my membership dues and became a T.S.
member since then.
Ignoring the science part of the book to a new member or to a person
who has no idea about Theosophy most of its contents were very helpful
as an introduction to Theosophy then.

Ruben Cabigting