Re WW Westcott

Mar 07, 1995 12:10 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Re Westcott & Kabbalah.  Not only did he give lectures to
theosophists, and co-founded the Golden Dawn, but he was also a
member of HPB's inner group - see The Inner Group Teachings of
H.P.  Blavatsky and you will note his name.  And I agree, he is a
much better read than Waite (who was not only pompous, but
Christianized the GD into oblivion).  As an aside, it was
Westcottt who taught that the chapters of the Egyptian Book of
the Dead were actually living rituals, giving me the insight to
translate them as I did in my EGYPTIAN MAGICK.

Jerry S.