more lunch

Jun 21, 1994 08:53 PM
by IXCHEL

Jerry H-E,

Thank you for the report. John Shafer's report seems to be
very interesting. Was it tape recorded? If so, I would like
to eventually read it on theos-l. Somehow I feel that theo-
sophy is served best if kept up to date with new views on
old subjects.

I am most fascinated with your topic: H.P.B.'s ground work
leading to more complex ideas. In the short time I have
been reading and studying the materials presented though
the Theosophical Society, it is H.P.B.'s purpose and in-
fluence that intrigues me the most. I believe that she
was the holder of much information that has yet to be tru-
ly understood. I put myself out on a limb when I say that
even H.P.B. was limited in her understanding of some of the
knowledge she possessed. For example: In some of her writ-
ings her emotional state of being appears to be out of bal-
ance. I have heard many reasons for this including an ex-
planation from the Masters themselves; something about
not having all her principles in tact. Coming from outside
the caccoon of the Theosophical Society's paradigms, I feel
I can take advantage of this great body of knowledge with-
out romanticizing any particular person who holds a prominent
place in T.S. history. All the answers are there among the
books. They are like pieces of a puzzle yet to be fitted to-
gether. I am curious indeed to see the extent of your know-
ledge concerning the whole picture. Is it possible for you
to tape record your presentation on the more abstruse teach-
ings concerning the seven principles in the E.S. Instuc-
tions? Please let me know as soon as possible as I will be
out of the country for two months and would be very dis-
appointed if I missed this event. I am sharing this informa-
tion I receive through theos-l with Joyce Mc David who lives
here in San Antonio. She is very interested in your activi-
ties as well. I hope that in time I will be able to give
you more of my thoughts on this subject of the seven prin-
ciples. Much depends on your taking the lead by revealing
more of your thoughts. Was your presentation recorded? If
so, how will I be able to hear it?  Thank you again..Sarah