Don to Val about obe class

May 11, 1994 02:55 PM
by Donald DeGracia

Hi Val!

Thanks for writing.  I'm a bit confused tho: <I was in your
classroom for the first hour last night.> But you send your letter
to me via Theos-buds.  Are you also a compuserve member? If so, I
don't hink I have your CS address.

<On the other hand, I think I will wind up cutting class and
reading the transcripts>

That's a good idea.  Pesoanlly, I thought the CO was very
unorganized.  I tried my best to handle questions, but there was
simply no way I could answer any but the simplest questions
adequately.  i am way more comfortable with responding by mail.

< I have difficulty reading a menu and know that I must be
dreaming.  Get excited about this being the lucid dream that I have
been waiting for and wake up.>

Very good! Don't worry about waking.  That is normal first few
times.

< I walk downstairs and out the front door.  I am no longer at work
but on a playground>

you "blipped"!

<I notice that you ask permission before holding onto someone, but
I was afraid there wasn't time for that.  Can you keep your
lockmold by just concentrating on someone, without physically (I
mean astrally) touching them?>

Val you do NOT have to first ask permision to hold onto someone to
stabilize your lockmold! Sometimes I do and some times I don't.  It
depends on how desperate of a situation it is.  And YES, you need
to "physically" hold onto them.  Concentrating will not do it.  It
is the sense of touch that hepls stabilize your lockmold and keep
you focused in the dream world.

<Is it always difficult to read on the astral plane?>

I have found it to be.  Some people claim they can read fine.  I
can read fine only when I am dreaming, but when I am lucid I cannot
read.  It just looks like a blur and when I do get it in focus and
read something, it blurs right up again, and if I do refocus, it
usually says something different!

<Is it difficult to sketch a scene while on the astral plane?>

This is a very good ideas Val.  I will remeber this the next time I
am out-of-body and try it as an aid to remembering.  It's a great
idea and I don't see why it wouldn't work.  let me know if you do
this!

<There seem to be certain things on the astral plane that you are
suppose to observe and other things you aren't suppose to know
about.  >

i figure, hell, if you can remember it once you are back here in
the physical plane, then that's all there is to it.  I don't think
there is anything special going on with what you can or cannot
remeber about your astral travels.  Its all up to you in terms of
what you can percieve and remember.

<You say that people on the astral plane appear stupid.  Isn't this
related to the fact that you are interregating them and trying to
get information your aren't suppose to find out.>

I doubt it, Val.  Why would someones name, even just their first
name, be taboo information? No, I don't think it is anything like
this.  I think what happens is that there is something going on
that affects peoples memories that make them "stupid" (this really
isn't even a fair word to use in this context).  What I mean is
think of how your mind works in a normal dream.  in a normal dream
we are basically "stupid" too.  There is something going on here,
no question, but I don't think it has to do with forbidden
information, I think it has to do with how our minds operate over
there as opposed to how they operate over here.

<If you just observe beings on the astral plane, can you see any
lack of inteligence in their behaviour?>

No, I see them caught up in somekind of habitual behavior.  What I
don't see is people over there being *self-reflective*, which is
the essence of being lucid.  Again, "stupid" is the wrong term.  A
better term is "unlucid" or "not self-reflective".

<I'll look forward to reading the transcript and may try to follow
the threads in the new age forum.>

I'll look forward to hearing of your continued sucsesses! Thanks
for sharing your experiences Val, they were very good.  you are
doing very good.

I'll await your reply.

Best to you,

Don