Re: karma/morality to Bart/was Some Responses/PS

Dec 14, 1999 09:07 AM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 12/14/99 10:58:05 AM Central Standard Time,
Hazarapet@aol.com writes:

> We have the potential to will just
>  as our normal I has the potential to realize
>  the Self.  Only Self has will.  Ordinary I has
>  impulsive little willings that conflict with each
>  other and keep "me" inwardly divided.

I should add that the buddhi faculty is both awareness
and will.  To awaken buddhi is to re-create the will.
Like cell, nirvana and samsara are same.  The difference
is that Buddhas (fully buddhi) can will while those
who experience this reality as samsara cannot.
In Dzog chen, it is said that at a stream a god
will see a lovely flowing energy while a hungry
ghost or hell demon will be terrified of a flowing
river of fire.  The difference is demons can't help
scaring themselves into a panic.

Grigor