Re: Indulging in American Culture Tonight

Nov 30, 1999 07:27 PM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 11/30/99 7:49:56 PM Central Standard Time,
ambain@ambain.screaming.net writes:

> > Under circumstances far different than their usual matchups, the Green
>  Bay
>  > Packers and San Francisco 49ers meet Monday night.
>
>  Thanks for this entirely useless information!  Here in the UK we know
>  next to nothing about this stuff :0)
>
>  Hope you enjoyed yourself ....
>
>  Alan

Well, it is a less glamorous sport than European football.  But then,
it seemed the main threat was on the field and so less to talk about.
I remember the heady days of Thatcher and Gorby when the Soviet
border guards (KGB - Russian Customs/CIA) and Interior (now MVD
- Russian FBI) feared British soccer fans.  And at an Embassy ball
in Paris, I recall Mitterand mumbling they were worse than Henry II's
Normans released once again over the Continent (instead of taking
Reagan out).  :)

Grigor