Re: theos-l digest: November 26, 1999

Nov 27, 1999 03:34 PM
by WLR7D

Kym-What you have said regarding the carnal, love and beauty seem very
reasonable as far as you go.
I thought the writer of the post was trying to suggest that we(actually I)
should repudiate the physical.  So I was also interested in how he reconciles
the beauty of the world with renunciation of parts of it.  Who's deciding
which physical pursuits are "evil"? For example, in the case of celibacy, who
decides abjuring sex is the way to the higher self...or whatever?
Just trying to get to the bottom of(basis for) thsosophical beliefs.  Not
getting it from the readings that have been recommended to me so far.
Thanks, Randy