Randy to Christine: get a grip

Nov 25, 1999 05:34 AM
by WLR7D

In your post praising Kym's bleeding heart liberalism, you did not note that
there are many now in our society who:
1.  Are attempting to take advantage of a guilt over the acts of ancestors
200  years ago.
2.. Because of this guilt,  a class of people are being created walking
around with chips on their shoulders expecting hand outs and special
treatment.
3.  Fall prey to the demagoguery of the Democrat party.

You have also not mentioned that all of us today are subject to prejudice in
one form or another.  The young are, the old are, economic classes are,  the
athletically inept are, the slow learners are, the conehead geeks are, the
yellow are, the brown are, the white are, the blacks are, the obese are, the
short are, the tall are, the handicapped are, the bald are, the small
breasted are, the physically unattractive are, the diseased are, the less
creative are, the more creative are, ad nauseum.  All of us can point to some
time in history when our race, group, nationality, family were oppressed  in
some way by the ancestors of people in our society today.  Therefore we are
all victims needing sympathy and reparations, right?  Or is it just the
blacks who get special privelege now?

I can't think of anything much worse than to be subject to prejudice.  I've
felt it before and kinow the resentment it can create.  We each individually
should always try to give others the full benefit of the doubt.  Unfair
prejudice should not be a part of a thinking person's compassionate
personality.  No question on this.

 At the same time we must understand that there are differences and not
averyone can be treated the same.  Prejudice, unequal treatment(which has
nothing to do with fairness unless  you want to bring our creator into this
matter) is a part of reality that will not ever be changed because reality is
composed of differences.  If this were not so, you'd see me as president of
the world, a first stringer on an NBA basketball team, the quarterback of an
NFL football team,  winning the world cup in competitive badminton, ranked
number one in beach volleyball,  making the wage of Bill Gates, on the cover
of GQ, and pregnant even though I'm a male

Your kind motives are well  taken Christine.  Just don't let your heart and
the dribble from Clinton and his Democrat lackeys get in the way of your
brain. Truth and reality should be our goal, not unbridled sentimentality.
Randy