RE: Evidence for mental events breaking physical speed limit

Nov 22, 1999 06:51 PM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 22

Dear Friend:

Thanks for this valuable information.

I have gleaned from the study of Theosophy the following and
would ask to have it examined and critiqued:

It has been shown that the production of any act is preceded by:

1.  A need or desire.
2.  Imagination and planning as to how to obtain that object.
3.  Visualization by the mind.
4.  Planning the necessary steps to implement usages -- several
methods ?
5.  Consideration of alternatives and also,
6.  Considering the ethics and morality of the proposed actions
(legality ?).
7.  Sending an impulse from MIND to brain.
8.  Reception of such impulse by BRAIN.  (Brain neural activity)
9.  Brain organizing and selecting neuro pathways to secure the
necessary multiple cooperative acts 	of various muscles.
10.  Final action or speech on the PHYSICAL PLANE.  And continued
actions and reactions.

All steps from 1 to 7 are subjective, and non determinable
physically.

The is not any reception of sensory input, nor any sensory output
(either reactive or spontaneously voluntary) which does not
originate as a SUBJECTIVE event.

OBJECTIVITY is the manifestation on the physical plane of
measurable change or action that can be analyzed.

There are at least 5 areas where input is received (sound, smell,
taste, feeling and seeing).  Similarly there are five methods of
originating actions the hands and feet make 4 and the MIND is the
5th the supreme coordinator for each being.

The nature and location of this "supreme coordinator" remains to
be determined.

[ Example:  we use electricity and its partner magnetism in many
ways.  But we do not know the nature of either.  We give names to
actions and have erected theories to explain to ourselves with
our present knowledge how these originate and "flow."

But are those the final realities?  What is aether? What is
Light, Heat, Time, Space ?  Why is Nature all around us?  Who and
what are we?  What is CONSCIOUSNESS?  Where does INTELLIGENCE
come from?  What is INSTINCT ? and so on.

One might say that "naming" something does not necessarily
"explain" it. ]

Best wishes,

Dallas