Re: theos-l digest: November 21, 1999

Nov 21, 1999 11:12 PM
by kymsmith

Randy wrote:

>Would you please explain your comment about "conservatives"?  Theosophical?
>Political?  Thanks, Randy

There was really nothing "serious" behind it, actually.  Just went from
pure theosophy into human-dom.

But, not to be accused of "wimping out" here, as I did indeed make a
comment: I am a liberal, or more accurately, radical democrat in a state
and nation full of political conservatives.  I believe (sorry about that
word, Murray!) that many conservative laws and philosophies unfairly punish
and target the economically and socially underprivileged.  I believe, for
example, that Bill Gates may be brilliant in the area of economic gain, but
an "idiot" in the area of "brotherhood."

Regarding "conservative" theosophists - well, to be honest, I do not see
how theosophy and conservatism can even merge; but there are some
conservative theosophists, that's for sure.  I just don't understand where
or how they manage to do it.

But, going back to my original point, pure theosophy - which I strive to
adhere to, but often do not - would NOT smile upon my use of words (idiot)
regarding my conservative brothers and sisters.

So, Randy, ya caught me preachin' and sinnin' all at the same time.

And I have a suspicion that you consider yourself a conservy - both
spiritually and politically.  BUT, the idiot reference was NOT directed at
you - I just now, while writing this e-mail, mulled over where I thought
you might be on the infamous scale.  Am I psychic or what?!

Kym