Re: Randy to Grigor: definitions

Nov 21, 1999 02:16 PM
by WLR7D

I have not defined words such as proof, reason, logic, evidence and the like
because I am not interested in a debate on semantics.
If I ask someone for proof or evidence, I am happy for them to provide it in
whatever form they choose.  This gives them the option of not being hamstrung
by my definitions.  They can create their own.  I just would like to know on
what basis they make whatever assertion they make.
I'd also just like to see people say something of substance regarding
theosophy.  Make some assertions, some claims, something other than playing
cute with words. (Has Clinton infected theosophists with the what does is
mean bug?)  How bout something that can be falsified, if you will, Grigor.
You also never answered my question about whether an atom is a perpetual
motion machine
 as asserted by one on this list.  Does this mean you don't know?
Randy