Breeder Plant quibble (was: The handmaid's tale)

Nov 21, 1999 07:39 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

	Your definition is a tad off. A breeder plant is a nuclear facility
that produces both power and weapons grade plutonium. (Note that the
largely correct reports of high school students designing nuclear bombs
have been exclusively URANIUM bombs; plutonium bombs are FAR more
complex, and there are poisons widely available, mercury salts for
example, that make plutonium look like lemonade).

	Bart Lidofsky