Randy to Alan: Blavatsky

Nov 19, 1999 04:53 AM
by WLR7D

Thank you.  That was short and sweet.
>Am I clear then that theosophists believe in this doctrine because it was
advocated by Blavatsky?
>If so, why would people in pursuit of truth lean on another person rather
than dig within to find their own treasure?
>Is not the lesson from history that we should not trust, rely upon or have
faith in another regarding the spiritual?  My experience is that since
ultimately everyone  has their own best interests at heart, not that of of
others as a priority, we  should carefully measure everything and depend upon
our own conclusions.
>I have the feeling that most theosophists are not merely queuing up behind
Blavatsky to see what they believe, but are using her as a source for
consideration.  If so, what else convinces them of karma and its origin?
Randy