RE: Randy to JRC: tightening the thumbscrews

Nov 17, 1999 06:16 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 17th

Dar Randy:

No one is trying to frustrate you.  You ask a bunch of questions
now for some weeks - have you take a census of the replies?  what
have you learned about Theosophy?  What do you agree with, and
what do you not agree with.  What are your reasons for the
latter?  if you are able to set these down, they can be dealt
with seriatim.  Try.

Again In my esteem, you are accelerating.  slow down.

Theosophy is really very simple, and there are not a lot of
basics -- to demonstrate that they are around is what has taken
time to record so the details will satisfy inquirers like you,
and from all parts of the 'world, not merely America or the
"West."

1.  Universality of SOURCE, SPIRIT, LIFE and LIVING BEINGS
filling all SPACE.  This Universe and World are all one vast
UNITY.  Or to be paradoxical  it is UNITY in DIVERSITY.  HOW and
WHY are the questions to be investigated -- also, HOW IS IT
GETTING ALONG ?

2.  LAWS rule everything.  They are MORAL -- the strong have to
protect the weak.  Or they get clobbered by Karma, sooner or
later.  Every being has a right to live.  Since we all come from
the same ONE SOURCE we are brothers in essence, like it or not.

3.  The CONSCIOUSNESS and the INTELLIGENCE of each BEING is
immortal and cannot be destroyed, even if it physical form is
temporarily vaporized or killed in some way.  It comes back or is
re-embodied eventually -- Humans reincarnate.  But in humans the
"personality" (which is the mix of CONSCIOUSNESS and actual
living in a specific body for a time) changes.  The inner Being
that is AWARENESS never dies.  Hermes expressed this"  "A stone
becomes a plant, then an animal, then a Man, and the man develops
into a God -- never has any transformation demeaned or destroyed
him."

4.  The STRONG should protect the WEAK.  The LAWS OF NATURE are
fair and just and impartial, and work all the time.  Human law is
an attempt to copy those fundamental laws -- of Karma.

5.  The goal of perfection is one that is potential for all
beings -- each "immortal" strives for that life after life --
the "atom" seeks to become the Universe.  The second seeks to
become duration -- eternity.  Ignorance seeks to develop into
Wisdom.  In all cases there is an awareness to one's self and a
striving to improve.

6.  Immortality starts with the "Life-atom" which is also named a
MONAD  (Unit) .

It is a Being and consists of the combined duality of
SPIRIT/MATTER.  With each such MONAD is associate a "ray" of
primordial INTELLIGENCE, consciousness.

And eventually when it reaches the HUMAN STAGE it is endowed (by
Mind-beings as its "parents") with an independent Self-Conscious
MIND.  This individual MIND of ours reflects the UNIVERSAL MIND.
There are no limits to its horizons.  Death is only an
interruption its majestic progress.  We are all at this stage .
Hermes said:  "May know thyself."  and that's our present job.

7.  Everything is a learning experience, and the development of
our own mental perceptions leads to discrimination and to
wisdom -- which is a combination of thought and ethics -- again
the "protection of all others" is an essential , as they protect
us.  THE GOLDEN RULE is a basic in all Nature.  It is BROTHERHOOD
in application.

8.  Nature is a cooperative, or nothing could exist.   Heat, air,
water, food all combine to give us a body in which our Mind
dwells and we do not know how this is done, although we can learn
about it.  Everything can be learned.  Nature has no secrets for
the determined man.

9.  Our future is that of a learner/teacher as we learn to
understand and apply these ideas.  We can transform ourselves
into Professors, Adepts, Buddhas, Rishis, Prajapatis, Dhyan
Chohans, Cosmocratores, yes, even "Gods" etc.. by this process of
learning how and why NATURE works.  Nature contains and is
everything.  All Science, Philosophy and Religion are - are
departments of Nature and studies in her workings and laws.

10.  Wisdom that becomes ours may not be used to dominate,
tyrannize or to compel others.  Nor may it be used for our own
personal "pleasure or leisure."   Or we loose that power pretty
quickly and usually with the most painful of experiences, as our
"personal and selfish motives" (that we are interiorly ashamed of
anyway)  become exposed in their full nastiness to others.

Now that pretty much encompasses all that Theosophy deals with.
The fundamental add-on to what we already know is the idea that
WE CANNOT GET AWAY WITH EVIL THINKING, FEELING AND DOING.  There
is no "Power" which serves to conceal the selfish attitudes that
we can generate.  Evil when simply described is breaking of
nature's laws.  This "breaking" can be through ignorance, or
deliberately (which is a greater degree of EVIL).

Once that is grasped the road to self-improvement is as plain as
the nose on your face (at least to me).

Does this help?

Dallas