RE: theos-l digest: November 15, 1999

Nov 16, 1999 03:05 PM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 16th 1999

Dear Kym --

I know I brought this down on me. and have this to offer:

Something basic in me (no name needed) is aware (belief or else)
that it IS.
It also assumes that others who respond in a similar manner also:
ARE.
And what I term a "relationship" is any kind of exchange, mental,
verbal, visible or invisible, whether in this life or after
'death' -- and,
in this I assume that the CONSCIOUSNESS of everyone is continuous
and bridges  even "death" as it does "sleep."  or the gap of
unconsciousness when one may be undergoing an operation and such
unconsciousness is needed to avoid the pain as trauma.

And this is an assumption that I cannot prove except empirically.
The Logic appeals to me.  it might not appeal to you.  Then why
and how do such different opinions (sensations, ideas ?) arise?
It is also quite probable that we 'exist' separately as
individuals, each living our own apparently isolated lives, and
yet when we think of each other, or correspond, we send a kind of
"force-field" out that probably encompasses the other --
certainly we are gradually building up a mental construct of each
other, each on their own.

Dreams may not be tangible in the kind of matter we use here
physically.  Theosophy posits "astral matter" -- which may be
true or not.  Then we do have senses of an astral type.  And when
those dream bodies are used and experience (or is it fancy ?) is
recorded and reviewed mentally, there seem to be some relation to
the physical.  In any case I would say that the CONSCIOUSNESS is
unbroken and unitary.  Also seems to be personal to the
individual.  Wasn't there some extensive studies on dreams as
well as "ESP" conducted at Duke University?  By Dr Rhine ?  I
think that they concluded that there was thought transference
over some medium (ether ?) but that was all.

I'm inserting a few notes below in the body of your answer,

Dal

Dallas
dalval@nwc.net=A0
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D