RE: Randy to anyone: physical evolution AND PSYCHO-MENTAL EVOLUTION also.

Nov 14, 1999 05:03 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 13

Well Randy,  I would not invite you into another credo trap for
anything.

You have the same kind of thinking equipment I have, or which
anyone else has.  so we ought to use it to the best of our
ability, and without using any of the presumptions that are made
in such things.

Pure thinking (Kant) is what is wanted.  All factors out in front
of us.

So happens that Theosophy was my entrance into that realm.  I use
it not as a prop, but as a gateway.  Hence I recommended some
familiarity with its language.  It would help in explaining
things.

Why not try an exercise.  On a blank sheet of paper make a list
of all the things you are sure of.  On another a list of all the
things you are partially sure of  (and the questions to ask that
might cause them to be explained).  Then there will be a 3rd
sheet of all the things you doubt and are quite unsure of (credos
etc...)   If this over flows then group together those items that
are seemingly relevant to each other, and shorten it.

It is a fun exercise, at least I though so, and really, I have
not yet finished with the list although I have rearranged many of
the listings when the present is compared with the original
starting point I noted.  In fact every encounter such as we are
having makes a change in those lists.  (I now keep them in mind
for quick and immediate reference.)

One of my primary points is:  not to try and impose any of my
thinking on others, but always to show where my thinking was at,
and let them decide if it seems t them to make sense or deserve
further questioning.

As I said Theosophy offered me the kind of scaffolding and
patterns (and also the least of 'credo business')  that enabled
my mind to embrace a very wide ambit.  And that is why I
recommend it -- it makes the mind free and can be abandoned at
any time.  there are no "hooks" there.

Ask yourself what is the nature of this environment we all live
in.  What is a human being basically equipped with?

Those were some of my starting points of inquiry.  I still have
those old sheets I drew up.

Dal

Dallas
dalval@nwc.net=A0