RE: more gradual/sudden path/ Re: sentimentality

Nov 14, 1999 05:03 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 13

As just stated in an earlier posting today,  if you consider that
SPIRIT is the repository of all that is permanent, then the urge
towards perfection on all levels of living would be an automatic
one.

The real question is even earlier than this.  To my mind, it
ought to be:  What is the CAUSE for the division between SPIRIT
and MULAPRAKRITI (primordial, or ROOT-MATTER) .  Why is the MONAD
formed?  Why does the UNIVERSE come into existence?  IS THAT
NECESSARY?

I am afraid have no final answer for that as it seems lost in the
non-manifest ABSOLUTENESS from which all springs.  It might be
called the CAUSELESS-CAUSE, and for us it is an enigma.

Withal, we are here, so we might as well find out why, and what
we can do with our present set of faculties.  At least we can
begin to study them.  If we can do that then WE are detached from
those faculties, which are at best tools and limitations.
Apparently WE are a UNIT OF CONSCIOUSNESS and are not limited by
our environments, although we can be sensitive in many ways to
them.

That is about as best I can do.

Dal

Dallas