RE: more gradual/sudden path/ Re: sentimentality

Nov 13, 1999 10:02 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 13

REINCARNATION

1. 	Has logic and persuasion in it, if one considers that the
Soul (Mind) of a Human being is immortal and eternal.  If that is
denied, then it is useless to proceed.  It is agreed that the
"embodied mind" of the present personality is destroyed with the
body at death.

2. 	However there are many accounts of Seances and other
experiences that would seem to imply a survival of the personal
soul/mind at least for a while after physical death.  If those
are discarded then the question of reincarnation might be still
"sub judice."

3.	NDEs (Accounts of NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES) and reports of
children and adults who remember "past lives" abound.  Are these
to be discarded or is the matter to be held "sub judice?"

4.	Most religions and philosophies speak of reincarnation
although they may not (like Theosophy) give an extensive
rationale for consideration.

I think these facts ought to be kept in mind.

Dallas

Dallas
dalval@nwc.net=A0