RE: Randy to anyone: physical evolution AND PSYCHO-MENTAL EVOLUTION also.

Nov 11, 1999 06:54 PM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 11th 1999

Looking at the question of "ignorance vs. knowledge" as Theosophy
seems to put it in my experience, I think I can safely offer the
following for consideration.

Let's slightly compound the problem:

Man's constitution is said to mirror that of the Universe.  The
Universe is considered to be SPIRIT-MATTER conjoined at all
points in an infinity of Monads (life-atoms) which fill all
manifested "Space."  They are essentially force fields of electro
magnetic substance focused on an immaterial point which is alive,
conscious and the source of their being.

If SPIRIT and Matter emanate from the same one ABSOLUTE SOURCE in
non-manifestation, when manifestation occurs, you have them as
polar opposites, or one of these might well be considered as
Knowledge of EVERYTHING and knowledge of NO THING.

Hence, from SPIRIT, CONSCIOUSNESS in manifestation is deemed to
emanate -- Perception.  From MATTER -- all forms and limitations.

A paradox arises:  How are forms designed?  In Manifestation,
there have to be pattern, plan and design.

Is there a "Designer?"  Does it not take a MIND to do the
memorizing of designs, or their imagining (out of the memory of
earlier manifestation periods) , planning (out of the substance
of thought) and creation (out of the grossness of
electro-magnetic matter) ?

If so, then, from the ABSOLUTE emanates along with SPIRIT and
MATTER -- the Universal Mind or (MAHAT) and it uses as its
executive agent FOHAT or "intelligent electricity", the universal
designer.
(in the setting of the electro-magnetic fields, whether micro or
macro in the entire Universe)..

The primordial emanation from the non-manifest ABSOLUTENESS is
the three-fold SPIRIT-MATTER-MIND.

Man being the microcosm that epitomizes the Universal Macrocosm
is Spirit (Atma), Matter (mulaprakriti -- or root matter) and
Manas (mind and all its attendant faculties).

We may observe that Manas, the mind is independent of either
Spirit or Matter yet it sees their interaction and is able to
build from that perception:  memory.  This in turn is added to
the accumulation of experience (past memories) -- and that is
"knowledge."

Ignorance may be inexperience, or a deliberate  refusal to grasp
and make use of facts.  This choice is open to all Humans at all
times.

I hope this may be of some help.

Best wishes,

Dallas