Re: Randy to Alan:logic

Nov 11, 1999 03:43 PM
by ambain

----- Original Message -----
> From: <WLR7D@aol.com>
> Date: Thursday, November 11, 1999 1:45 PM
> Subject: Randy to Alan:logic

> The examples you sight where logic would fail us are examples of just
> incomplete logic.  For example, "slavery" is not necessarily bad and
war is
> not necessarily a logical solution if the premises are wrong.

How do we judge whther a premise is wrong or right?  I *did* state that
all logic depends upon an "IF" - e.g., "It must be jelly because jam
don't shake like that."  Nor did I say that slavery was either good or
bad, only that IF it was perceived as "good" or "right" then it would be
LOGICAL and REASONABLE to re-introduce it.

> As I see it, reason and logic(and direct experience, which is logic in
> itself) are the only tools we have to achieve whatever surety we can
get.

Please explain how direct experience = logic.

> Furthermore, I feel this in my heart, and really really really have
faith in
> it, and it makes me feel secure warm and fuzzy, and I get really mad
when
> others don't agree and sob in glee when they do.

This deep faith inspires in me a response that can only be described in
the testicular.

Alan :0)

http://www.soft.net.uk/ambain/