Har har har

Nov 08, 1999 05:06 PM
by ambain

----- Original Message -----
> From: JRC <jrc@texas.net>
> Date: Monday, November 08, 1999 4:39 AM
> Subject: Re: Feminine Creative Deities

> > which has nothing to do with the SD model ......
>
> I remember the exact *moment* -
> in my early 20's, when I stumbled across that single sentence in Dion
> Fortune's classic:
>
> "God is Pressure"

I doubt if *any* serious student could ever forget it!  Although dated,
her book still has its place of honour upon my bookshelves.

> (come now Alan,
> don't you recognize precisely where Dallas is? ... did you not at one
time
> yourself experience the deep pleasure he gets from writing everything
he
> writes? of *course* virtually no one reads any more than the first
couple of
> sentences those tomes ... but did you not at one point in your life
also
> write *to digest*? (-:)).

You are a naughty and mischievous JRC!  But yes, I too wrote in order to
digest, from time to time.  But NEVER at sych great length.

> Ultimately though, all models are things to master and discard. The
final
> and highest act of magic will always be to toss all magic in the
> wastebasket. The map is not the mountain, and deep study of the lines
of the
> map is not the same thing as the actual climbing of the mountain. But
the
> people that study the maps *do* stand a chance of one day getting
bored and
> deciding to find the trailhead (which may, after all, be what the
adepts
> were aiming at anyway).

Indeed, the maps are also signposts.  There is little point (some, but
just a little) in studying the map and looking at the signposts without
then taking the road and attempting to climb the mountain.

>  Omar Khayyam is priceless:
>
> "Myself when young, did eagerly frequent,
> doctor and saint and heard great argument,
> about it and about, but evermore,
> came out by the same door as in I went ..."

A point also made, in her own way, by Dion Fortune, bless her cotton
socks (English saying denoting affection).

> Or, as the infamous Richard Nixon (who would have thought *he* was a
master
> har har har) put it even more succinctly,
>
> "It don't mean nothin' 'till you prove it all night ...".
>
> Alan Bain, you nasty old English wizard,

Enough with the compliments already!

> don't be mean to the poor
> apprentice! You, who have passed what is now widely recognized amongst
> masters as being the final initiation below the Abyss - i.e.,
disturbing the
> official TS leadership badly enough ... by having the balls to
actually try
> to put theosophy into *practice* with TI ... to be demeaned and lied
about
> and banished from the Society (an initiation that, despite my best
efforts,
> I still have not yet quite been able to achieve har har har har har
har) ...

> come come ... use your secret decoder ring to look a bit into the
future for
> goodness sake! Can't you see the moment, probably not too far down the
road,
> when Dallas, in a paradoxical moment of spiritually pure cognitive
> dissonance (tee hee) is going to suddenly *see* what he's been doing?
And
> will start laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing and
laughing and

No ..... but then even I, from my exalted position somewhere on the
mountain (the precise location is known only to Initiates) do,
occasionally, make a teeny weent mistake.

In Omnibus Unum,

Alan :0)

http://www.soft.net.uk/ambain/
ambain@ambain.screaming.net