Nov 08, 1999 04:48 AM
by hesse600

Jerry wrote:

> >>Yes, but the creativity of the monad (which is us, I
> think?) is still active, isn't it?
> Katinka >>

> Here we are in an area where words simply fail.  "Creativity" by
> definition is an action through time, and our divine Monad is outside of
> time and needs no evolution (it is, by definition, already perfect)and so to
> say that the Monad is creative is a paradox. I find paradoxes like this a
> lot when trying to use words to describe spirituality.  I think you will
> find that ALL models that try to describe the universe and how it came into
> being will have this problem - even the Big Bang Model!  Steven Hawking's
> No-Boundary Model is an attempt to get around this and is somewhat
> comparable to HPB's Great Breath Model, but neither can answer the
> all-consuming question of why?

It seems to me, and that is why I bring up creativity, that
science has the most problem with creativity, which (for
the scientists here) may be described as that which goes
against entropy. This is indeed a great mystery, and may be
very close to the FINAL MYSTERY or what HPB calls the first
Cause. Because something happens so that there is creation,
so that inertia is fought. And what is that? I call it
creativity, but it might be called intelligence. From what
you say above I gather that you do not mean That when you
use the word monad.

Katinka

NHL Leeuwarden
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl