Response to Frank

Oct 18, 1999 02:17 AM
by hesse600

Jerry S. wrote:
> Fact: HBP also had many disruptive pupils and finally made
> them sign very strong pledges to her with the provision that
> they could be expelled if they did not honor the pledge.
I am not going to say anything about Conger, as I know
nothing whatsoever about him. But sending out people on the
basis of whether or not they agreed with him does sound
rather untheosophical to me. About HPB, she did not expel
people from the TS because they did not comply to her rules
or agree with her. She did have her own studygroup composed
of TS members (called the ES) in which she had stronger
rules (though these were not enforced as far as I know).
There is in my opinion a very big difference between
deciding who shall be a member of a private studygroup or
not and deciding the same about the TS, since the TS is a
body that proposes to be undogmatic. At least the Adyar-TS
does, I do not know about the others.

Katinka
NHL Leeuwarden
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl