Re: What is the Cause of Theosophy?

Oct 14, 1999 02:22 PM
by Alan

----- Original Message -----
> From: hesse600 <hesse600@tem.nhl.nl>
> Date: Thursday, October 14, 1999 10:17 AM
> Subject: Re: What is the Cause of Theosophy?

> Should it not be our aim to unite different ways of
> thinking about theosophy into one organisation? What else
> does the second object (Adyar or Theosophy International -
> versions ) mean, in combination to the first?
>
> katinka

The important aim, in my opinion, is indeed to unite different ways of
thinking about theosophy in the way you suggest.  However, the paradox
of Theosophy International is that it is a kind of non-organisation.
The commitment that TI members make is basically to themselves.  There
are no committees, no leaders, no followers.  To "sign up" for TI is
simply to state one's intention to pursue theosophical ideals, and
furthermore to actively study.  Anyone can sign up, but no one can be
thrown out!

Alan :-)

Alan@ambain.softnet.co.uk
http://www.soft.net.uk/ambain/