Re: theos-l digest: October 13, 1999

Oct 13, 1999 10:46 PM
by kymsmith

Grigor wrote (I assume as the post wasn't signed):

>>  > I can cope with life now.
>>  >
>>  > Kym
>>
>> [Alan] Thank you Kym for this reassuring message.

>since when is scape-goating reassuring?

"Scape-goating" if often reassuring to humans - it is a coping mechanism
for many; not a compassionate or valid mechanism, but effective nonetheless.

Now, having said that, in this particular case, Grigor, neither Alan nor I
are in any way "scape-goating."  Perhaps you overlooked my final statement
which informed Katinka that I was "just joshing" (which means "just
kidding" or "just joking")?

Please clarify your response.  Say what's on your mind - or are you really
just fuming about me not getting your "Titanic joke?." (hehehehe)

Kym