Re: In support of theosophy

Oct 06, 1999 10:13 AM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 10/5/99 2:53:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl writes:

> Even if the specific Mahatma's that wrote or precipitated
>  or mentally dictated the Mahatma Letters are dead, and
>  after a century I would think that they are... still it
>  seems to me that if they existed, there must now be people
>  who replace them and their function in humanity.

I think one of the "fictions" of HPB to protect their identity (ala Johnson)
was to convey they were part of a single group rather than a federation
of leaders from different brotherhoods.  I know for a fact that some Tulkus,
Naqshibandi Shaiykhs, and leaders of other lesser known Central Asia
"brotherhoods," like the ishraqiyya, the shaiykhi school, and the asholki
meet from time to time in a way the functions like a great white lodge
but the idea of there being such a thing, I think, is window dressing.

So, the descendent lineage-holders of whoever the mahatmas were may in fact
be communicating today but not as "mahatmas of the TS."

Grigor V. Ananikian