A Few Comments and Questions to Ramprakash and an aside to Rich and Nicholas

Oct 04, 1999 08:18 PM
by D.Caldwell/M.Graye

Ramprakash wrote:

>         NOW, THERE IS NO POINT IN CARRYING ON THIS FUTILE CONTROVERSY. MY
> REQUEST TO THE BN MANAGERS IS TO ARRANGE FOR PRESENTATION OF THE BRAND OF
> TANTRA OUR GOOD FRIENDS ARE TIRELESSLY ADVOCATING FOR JUXTAPOSING THE SAME
> WITH THE PUBLIC TEACHINGS OF THEOSOPHY AS RECORDEDE BY H.P.B. AND W.Q.J.
WE
> DO NOT WANT  TO COMMIT THEFT BY PRYING INTO WHAT H.P.B. AND MASTERS WANTED
> TO BE STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL -- THE E.S. TEACHINGS ARE NOW
> PUBLICLY SOLD AND TRADED IN. WE RESPECT THE RIGHT TO CONFIDENTIALITY OF
THE
> GREAT TEACHERS AND WILL NOT THEREFORE REFER TO THEM IN OUR COMING CONTEST.
> WE WILL HOLD TO THEIR PUBLIC TEACHINGS ONLY. LET THE MANAGERS THEN FRAME
THE
> GROUND RULES. THIS IS DEMANDED IN THE FAIR NAME OF THEOSOPHY, TO PUT AN
END
> ONCE AND FOR ALL FOR ITS MISREPRESENTATION, AND DESECRATION OF SACRED
NAMES.

(1)  I really don't think that this is a "futile" controversy.
I think a great deal has already been learned by anyone truly
interested in the subject-matter and the various issues raised.
In fact here is a golden opportunity to further  clarify various issues
that still are obscured and/or misunderstood on the subject of
the Tantras.

(2) An aside:  I really don't understand why Nicholas and Rich apparently
are hesitant to state their views on these tantric issues and to
clarify various points.

IMHO, communication is very important and sharing
one's knowledge and understanding is also very important.
Let all views be heard as fully as possible.
Maybe both sides in the controversy may learn something!!

(3)  Are some of us somewhat timid and afraid to enter the
controversy and ensuing fray?

Thanks to the  gods that HPB was bold and most willing to enter
the arena of controversy in order to throw conflicting views into
greater perspective!!!!!

(4)  Ramprakash---I think it's an excellent idea to provide a "PRESENTATION
 OF THE BRAND OF TANTRA OUR GOOD FRIENDS ARE
TIRELESSLY ADVOCATING FOR JUXTAPOSING THE SAME
WITH THE PUBLIC TEACHINGS OF THEOSOPHY."

Put the teachings side by side and let each of us make the necessary
study and judgements.

(5)  Ramprakash, you wrote:

"THE E.S. TEACHINGS ARE NOW PUBLICLY SOLD AND TRADED IN. . ."

I have a number of replies to your comments about the E.S. Instructions of
HPB.
But before I give them, I'm curious:

Have YOU read these published "E.S. Teachings" of HPB that you
make reference to?

More later.

Daniel