Re: In support of theosophy

Oct 04, 1999 11:54 AM
by Frank Reitemeyer

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01BF0EAA.AE5071C0

>While what you say is true, we should also not forget that the Adepts =
chose to correspond extensively with Sinnett and Hume. Both are meat =
eaters and consumed >alcohol. It was at a time there were thousands of =
others who led a pure life with whom the Adepts had nothing to do.

KH wrote to Sinnett that his bad aura (meat eating and wine drinking) is =
one of the reasons which prevents deeper connections. Both Sinnett and =
Hume very not to be trained chelas and both soon failed morally and =
mentaly (Sinnett becoming a Spiritist, trying to reconnect to the =
Mahatmas, Hume also broke with the Mahatmas when he tried to destroy the =
TS in trying to change its aims into merely a socio-cultural =
organization.

>It was Hume who was instrumental for organizing the Indian Independence =
movement and perhaps that was one of the areas where the Adepts were =
interested in. Who >knows, but for this effort India may still be a =
colony of UK or some kind of dominion over India.

Nevertheless he did a good job for India. But not for the theos. cause =
when he attacked the Masters and HPB with his selfish character.

>Also Sinnett's books were instrumental in introducing Theosophy to many =
in the English speaking world.

Also true. But that says not that he remained a Theosophist of a good =
standing.

>For the last 99 years, we have not had a single letter from the Adepts =
to anyone (as far as I know).

And? Is that necessary? And for what? For blind believers?

>Also, beyond finding "chelas", I suppose They had other major =
objectives having far reaching consequences to the world at large. Let =
us also keep in mind that again and >again it was emphasized that =
Universal Brotherhood is the prime objective of launching TS.

So giving some thoughts on the broader picture may throw some light.

mkr

To promote this objective and do other work to be done in the outer =
world the Masters need co-workers which are living in the outer world. =
This is what we call a chela-life, don't?
Frank

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01BF0EAA.AE5071C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt;While what you say is true, we =
should also not=20
forget that the Adepts chose to correspond extensively with Sinnett and =
Hume.=20
Both are meat eaters and consumed &gt;alcohol. It was at a time there =
were=20
thousands of others who led a pure life with whom the Adepts had nothing =
to=20
do.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3DArial size=3D2>KH wrote to Sinnett =
that his bad aura=20
(meat eating and wine drinking) is one of the reasons which prevents =
deeper=20
connections. Both Sinnett and Hume very not to be trained chelas and =
both soon=20
failed morally and mentaly (Sinnett becoming a Spiritist, trying to =
reconnect to=20
the Mahatmas, Hume also broke with the Mahatmas when he tried to destroy =
the TS=20
in trying to change its aims into merely a socio-cultural=20
organization.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>&gt;It was Hume who was =
instrumental for=20
organizing the Indian Independence movement and perhaps that was one of =
the=20
areas where the Adepts were interested in. Who &gt;knows, but for this =
effort=20
India may still be a colony of UK or some kind of dominion over=20
India.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3DArial size=3D2>Nevertheless he did a =
good job for=20
India. But not for the theos. cause when he attacked the Masters and HPB =
with=20
his selfish character.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>&gt;Also Sinnett's books were =
instrumental in=20
introducing Theosophy to many in the English speaking =
world.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3DArial size=3D2>Also true. But that =
says not that he=20
remained a Theosophist of a good standing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>&gt;For the last 99 years, we have =
not had a=20
single letter from the Adepts to anyone (as far as I =
know).<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3DArial size=3D2>And? Is that necessary? =
And for what?=20
For blind believers?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>&gt;Also, beyond finding "chelas", =
I suppose=20
They had other major objectives having far reaching consequences to the =
world at=20
large. Let us also keep in mind that again and &gt;again it was =
emphasized that=20
Universal Brotherhood is the prime objective of launching =
TS.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So giving some thoughts on the broader =
picture may=20
throw some light.<BR><BR>mkr<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3DArial size=3D2>To promote this =
objective and do=20
other work to be done in the outer world the Masters need co-workers =
which are=20
living in the outer world. This is what we call a chela-life,=20
don't?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3DArial size=3D2>Frank</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><BR><BR>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01BF0EAA.AE5071C0--