Re: In support of theosophy

Oct 03, 1999 10:37 PM
by RAMADOSS

At 09:19 PM 10/02/1999 +0200, Frank Reitemeyer wrote:

MKR wrote:

<smaller>>> On the other hand, when They chose the founders who were meat
eaters and

 smokers etc while there were 10s of 1000s of people who would fit the

 traditional stereotype of leading pure lives.

 It appears that when They were looking for people to launch TS, they
were

 not looking for people who would fit the traditional stereotype. They
were

 obviously looking a lot beyond the personal physical habits. They had

 get a job done and so found those who can get the job done.>

the Mahatma Letters about HPB that they were searching a hundred years
for a chela fit enough to be trained for the outer world.

</color>

> If today, were HPB, HSO, and other leaders were to reappear magically,
they

 would not be allowed to stay/live  in TS owned properties and lead the
kind

 of lives they led!!!!!!!>

that there are several degrees of chelaship. A higher chela works under
other conditions and restrictions than say a lay chela. That makes the
difference.

</color></smaller>

<smaller>

> PS: Olcott had himself stated that he was a man of bars and women
before he

 got in touch with Theosophy.<<

reasons for his own ring-pass-not, his failing as a lay chela and the
loss of contact to the Masters through HPB - at least when she was kicked
off from Adyar and launched her own body for the loyal chelas.

</color></smaller>

</smaller></color>======================

While what you say is true, we should also not forget that the Adepts
chose to correspond extensively with Sinnett and Hume. Both are meat
eaters and consumed alcohol. It was at a time there were thousands of
others who led a pure life with whom the Adepts had nothing to do.

It was Hume who was instrumental for organizing the Indian Independence
movement and perhaps that was one of the areas where the Adepts were
interested in. Who knows, but for this effort India may still be a colony
of UK or some kind of dominion over India.

Also Sinnett's books were instrumental in introducing Theosophy to many
in the English speaking world.

For the last 99 years, we have not had a single letter from the Adepts to
anyone (as far as I know).

Also, beyond finding "chelas", I suppose They had other major objectives
having far reaching consequences to the world at large. Let us also keep
in mind that again and again it was emphasized that Universal Brotherhood
is the prime objective of launching TS.

So giving some thoughts on the broader picture may throw some light.

mkr